Billions of people around the world are watching videos on YouTube. What is the secret of the popularity of this video hosting? It is simple and easy to use, and most importantly – it provides ample opportunities for self-expression. If you have your own channel on YouTube, you can try yourself in various fields: music, stand-ups, lectures, criticism, journalism – whatever you do, your voice will definitely be heard! And if your channel is quite successful, you also have a chance to earn good money.
How to create a channel on “YouTube”?
All you need to do is register your account and customize the appearance of the page. Next we will explain how to do this.
First of all you need a good idea. Think about what is interesting to you and what may be of interest to other users. Pay attention to what is now popular on YouTube – you may find yourself in one of the most popular destinations.
6 most popular YouTube destinations
- Video blogs and informational videos
- Fashion and beauty blogs
- Video on gaming topics
- Comedy sketches and stand-up
- Reviews of movies, viral videos, games and gadgets
- Music video
Creating a channel on YouTube
Sign in to your account
Go to youtube.com and click the Sign in button in the upper right corner of the page. If you already have a Google account, enter your email address and password and click Sign In. If you don’t have an account, click Create Account, enter your details and register an account according to Google’s instructions.
Create your channel
Once logged in to your account, select Your channel in the list at the top left of the YouTube page. You will see a channel creation form where you can name your channel and enter the desired data. Click the Create Channel button. That’s it – you now have a YouTube channel.
Create multiple channels
If you want to create another YouTube channel with a different name or theme, click on your account icon in the upper right corner. In the drop-down menu, click on the gear icon to the right of the Creative Studio button and select Create Channel.
Changing the design and channel settings
Add channel art
Now you can customize the look of your channel. Click the Add channel art button. As a background, you can use one of the images offered in the gallery or upload a beautiful picture from your computer.
The recommended resolution is 2560 × 1440 pixels, but you can also use images of other sizes. Please note that the background will look different, depending on the device from which the page is being viewed. On tablets and smartphones, only a small area of 1546 × 423 pixels will be shown in the center of the background – so make sure that there is enough free space around the edges for trimming.
Once you have set your page design on YouTube, you can begin adjusting the settings. Click the gear icon under the channel banner, edit the settings you want, and click Save.
Add channel description
You can also add a channel description. To do this, click the About link below the banner, write the desired description and click Done.
Channel Promotion Tips
- You have created and set up your own channel – it’s time to think about how to properly promote it in order to attract as large an audience as possible. The size of this article does not allow us to dwell on this issue in detail, but we can provide here some useful tips.
- Always add descriptions to downloadable videos. It is on the basis of these descriptions that YouTube recognizes the themes of your videos and determines whether to show them to other users in the recommended videos section. A good description contributes to a greater number of views and will allow the video not to get lost among thousands of others on the same topic.
- Add links to your pages in social networks, your website and subscribe to your channel. Links should be placed in the description and in the video itself – so you can increase your chances to collect a significant subscriber base. Use “annotations” – active links that can be placed directly in the video.
- Upload original thumbnails to video. Please note that the pictures will be displayed in a reduced form, so it is best to place a short text on them with a very large font – this will also help to attract the attention of users.
- Encourage people to subscribe to your channel in their videos. Take an example from professionals – encourage viewers to become subscribers. So you can almost guaranteed to provide a constant increase in the audience.
Share links to channels you’ve created.